The Space for games in Kiyange II has been released after occupation attempts

BUJUMBURA March 2nd (ABP) – The Directorate General of Urban Planning, under the supervision of the 2nd vice Presidency, has just pulled the markers on Wednesday February 28, 2018 on the Kiyange II playground illegally broken up into plots while it was previously intended for games, a check on the site by ABP has revealed.
According to the Director General of urban planning, Ms. Emérence Ntahonkuriye, that ground extending on an area of ​​143.21 acres was previously intended for games for the new quarter of Kiyange II. Unfortunately, that ground has been broken up into 18 parcels illegally allocated by her predecessors while it is a high-class zone intended for buildings to embellish the capital Bujumbura at its entrance to the international airport.
Ms. Ntahonkuriye said that the visit, together with local officials in that quarter, was aimed at implementing the instructions by the 2nd Vice Presidency which, after noting the fragmentation and illegal granting of that land, demanded that the markers be immediately pulled out to put the land back to its forecasts.
Ms. Ntahonkuriye said that the owners of the removed parcels will be able to benefit others somewhere else. She asked the local administration to ensure that no other activity is erected on that land.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *