NGOZI March 6th (ABP) – The family of Burundi Head of State paid on Tuesday March 5 a sum of 4,000,000 BIF to the Bank of the Republic of Burundi, Ngozi agency (north), as part of contributing financially for the smooth running of the 2020 elections, a check on the site by ABP has revealed. According to President Pierre Nkurunziza, this is part of showing what Burundians are able to do to develop, without there being external interference.

It is also, he added, the fourth time that his family has contributed to the 2020 general elections. He announced that this contribution is timely, especially that his family saw, for the last crop season, an excellent harvest, some of which was sold to earn income. This is also to thank the Almighty who allowed this harvest.

President Nkurunziza said he was very satisfied with the level of contributions, which is currently around 70%. He urged Burundians to continue contributing to ensure that even the remaining 30 per cent be available, as it is a patriotic act and a gesture of national sovereignty to prevent interference by foreigners in the electoral process of our country.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *